Open Access Biomedical Publisher Using Post Publication Peer Review
Consultant Cardiologist University Heart Center Rostock
Ernst-Heydemann-Str. 6 Germany 18057
Nationality: GermanDate of Birth: July 8th 1974Primary school:* 1981-1990 in Rousse(Bulgaria), Halberstadt, Eisenach and Radebeul (Germany)
Secondary school:* 1990-1993 in Radebeul (Germany)
University education:* 1993-2000 medical studies at the University of Dresden (Germany)qualification: “Drittes Staatsexamen” (3. State Exam)Work experience:Student’s hospital internships:* 1994 Department of Oncology, District Hospital of Rousse (Bulgaria)* 1995 Department of Pathology, Universty Hospital Dresden (Germany)* 1995 and 1997 Department of Cardiac Surgery, Universty Hospital Dresden (Germany)* 1998 Department of Cardiology, University of Gießen (Germany)* 1998-2000 Department of Cardiac Surgery, Universty Hospital Dresden (Germany), Department of Cardiology, Universty Hospital Dresden (Germany), Department of Abdominal Surgery, Universty Hospital Dresden (Germany), Department of Neurology, Universty Hospital Dresden (Germany)
Work experience as physician:* 2001-2010: Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hannover Medical School (Germany)* since 2011: Department of Cardiology, Heart Center Rostock (Germany)Doctorate degree at Hannover Medical School, Germany with “magna cum laude”
Since 2011: Consultant Cardiologist at the Department of Cardiology, Heart Center Rostock (Germany)
Heart failure, atherosclerosis, structural heart disease, echocardiography, cardiac catheterization
Publications:1. Therapy strategies for acute coronary syndrome and after coronary interventions : Antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants Divchev D, Nienaber C, Ince H. Internist (Berl). 2011 Nov;52(11):1292-300. German
2. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade: high hopes sent back to reality Grothusen A, Divchev D, Luchtefeld M, Schieffer B. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2009 Dec;57(6):773-85. Review
3. The secretory phospholipase A2 group IIA: a missing link between inflammation, activated renin-angiotensin system, and atherogenesis? Divchev D, Schieffer B. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2008;4(3):597-604. Review.
4. Impact of a combined treatment of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade and 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-CoA-reductase inhibition on secretory phospholipase A2-type IIA and low density lipoprotein oxidation in patients with coronary artery disease. Divchev D, Grothusen C, Luchtefeld M, Thoenes M, Onono F, Koch R, Drexler H, Schieffer B. Eur Heart J. 2008 Aug;29(16):1956-65. Epub 2008 Jun 18.
5. Inflammatory, abscess-forming foreign body reaction mimics a thrombus formation on an atrial septal defect closure device: A commented case report. Divchev D, Podewski EK, Mengel M, Meyer GP, Drexler H, Schaefer A. Eur J Echocardiogr. 2007 Aug;8(4):298-302. Epub 2006 Jun 8.
6. Thrombus formation on an atrial septal defect closure device: a case report and review of the literature. Divchev D, Schaefer A, Fuchs M, Breymann T, Drexler H, Meyer GP. Eur J Echocardiogr. 2007 Jan;8(1):53-6. Epub 2005 Dec 6. Review.
Awards:1. Ernst-Eickhoff-Award for Cardiology 2009 in Hannover (Germany)2. Young-Investigator-Award of the German Hypertension League 2007 in Bochum (Germany)3. Poster-Award of the AHA-Scientific-Sessions 2006 in Chicago; USA
All site content, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution License