Consultant General Surgeon with special interest in gastrointestinal surgery with extensive experience in performing various abdominal surgical procedures over last 19 years with independent patient responsibilty.Received specialized training in hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery at Inselspital,UniversityofBerninSwitzerlandunder Prof.Dr.M.W.Buechler and Dr.Helmut Friess.
Faculty experience of over 15years.Published more than 80 publications in various peer reviewed National and International Journals. Actively involved in teaching undergraduate MBBS and postgraduate DNB(Indian board certifying exam) students. Programme director for DNB (Diplomate of National Board ) General surgery course. Interested in evolving newer and more effective methods of clinical surgery teaching.
Professor of Surgery.
Gastrointestinal surgery, Breast Surgery, Trauma surgery, Surgical Infections
Any other information:
Memberships of Professional Organisations:
1. The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract [SSAT], (U.S.A.)
2. European Digestive Society [EDS] (Switzerland)
1. National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (MNAMS),.
2. Association of Surgeons of India.
3. Indian Chapter of I.H.P.B.A.
4. Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India.
5. Indian Medical Association.
6. Indian Association of Gastro-Intestinal Endo Surgeons [IAGES]
7. Association of Medical Consultants (Mumbai).
8. Thane Surgical Society.
Professional Awards and Honors:
* International health professional of the year 2007 by the International Biographical Centre,U.K.
* Professional biography published in Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare.(2006)
* Professional biography published in Who’s Who in Asia.(2007)
(For excellence in the field of surgery)
* Rashtriya Vikas Ratan Gold Award
* Rashtriya Samman Puraskar.
* Gold Star award
* Mother Teresa Excellence award for meritorious accomplishments in the field of medicine which contributed to the Nation’s progress.
* Rashtriya Pratibha award in recognition of excellent performance and memorable contribution for the overall progress of the society.
* Rashtriya Rattan award for medical excellence.
What I think of the idea behind WebmedCentral:
It provides a great opportunity to publish ones work as well as share scientific experience.