Dr. Amitesh Aggarwal received his MBBS degree from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, India in 2000, his MD in Medicine from University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India in 2004 and was awarded gold medal for best outgoing postgraduate of the year in Medicine. He worked as a Senior resident in Medicine from 2004-2007 in same institution and was appointed as a Assistant Professor in Medicine/ Preventive Cardiology at the University of Delhi in Aug 2007. He has worked extensively in the field of Preventive Cardiology and his major area of research is related to coronary risk factors in Indians especially in young (age ? 40 years). He has also demonstrated active interest in cardioprotective potential of medicinal herbs and their utility in modern medicine. He has more than 100 publications in various international and national journals and contributed chapters in books. He is actively involved in various research projects. Besides this, Dr Aggarwal is also coordinating and conducting “Tobacco Cessation Clinic” at GTB Hospital which has become very popular. He is also responsible for establishing and running “Young Coronary Artery Disease Clinic” to tackle the growing menace of coronary artery disease in younger people. He is nodal Officer of CCU at associated GTB Hospital and actively performs echocardiography, doppler and carotid intima media studies. He has attended numerous National and International Conferences and presented his work among his peers and won awards for best presentations. He is one of the youngest persons to be awarded membership of prestigious National Academy of Medical Sciences (India). He is a popular teacher, dynamic young man who is admired by his students and peers alike.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
Member, Editorial Board, World Journal of Cardiology
• Reviewer for Archives of Internal Medicine, Journal of American Medical Association, BMC Research Notes, South African Medical Journal, Food Research International, Journal of Clinical Medicine and Research, Human and Experimental Toxicology, African Journal of Microbiology Research, Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, Recent Patents on Food, Nutrition & Agriculture, International Journal of Medical Sciences, Indian Journal of Medical Specialties.
• Section Editor, Cardiovascular emergencies. In: Goel A ed. The ICU Manual. Hyderabad, India: Paras Medical Publisher, 2011.
• Editor, Proceedings of International Symposium on Medical Response to Mass Casualty Management and 7th Indo- US Summit (INDUS EM 2011), Delhi, 20011.
• Editor, Proceedings of International workshop for policy statement on euthanasia in India, Delhi, 20011.
• Assistant Editor in Current Advances in Atherosclerosis Research (2005) (Proceedings of I5th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Hypertension, Published by Preventive Cardiology Group of UCMS, Delhi, 2005).
• Editor of Annual College Magazine, RNT MC, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
1. Premature Coronary Artery Disease
2. Coronary Risk Factors especially in Indians
What I think of the idea behind WebmedCentral:
A very strong platform which ensures no work goes unnoticed, maintaining quality at the same time