Dr.S.Ramakrishnan received the B.E. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering in 1998 from the Bharathidasan University, Trichy, and the M.E. degree in Communication Systems in 2000 from the Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai. He received his PhD degree in Information and Communication Engineering from Anna University, Chennai in 2007.
He has 12 years of teaching experience and 1 year industry experience. He is a Professor and the Head of the Department of Information Technology, Dr.Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi, India.
Dr.Ramakrishnan is a Reviewer of 14 International Journals such as IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, IET Journals(Formally IEE), ACM Computing Reviews, Elsevier Science, International Journal of Vibration and Control, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, etc. He is in the editorial board of 6 International Journals. He is a Guest Editor of special issues in 3 International Journals including Telecommunication Systems Journal of Springer. He has published 77 papers in international, national journals and conference proceedings.Dr.S.Ramakrishnan has published 3 books on computational techniques and speech processing. He has also reviewed 3 books for McGraw Hill International Edition and 2 books for ACM Computing Reviews. He is the convenor of IT board in Anna University of Technology- Coimbatore Board of Studies(BoS). He is guiding 10 PhD research scholars. His biography has been included in Marquis Whos’s Who in the World 2011 edition. His areas of research include digital image processing, soft computing, human-computer interaction, wireless sensor network and cognitive radio.
** Reviewer of International Journals …
1- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
2- IET Communications
3- Elsevier Science- International Journal of Applied Earth Observation & Geoinformation
4- ACM Computing Reviews
5- IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution
6- IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation
7- International Journal of Intelligent Data Analysis
8- International Journal of Tomography & Statistics
9- International Journal of Physical Sciences
10- ComSIS Journal
11- International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering
12- AMSE Periodicals
13- Journal of Scientific Research and Essays
14- International Journal of Vibration and Control
** Editorial Board Member …
1- International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering(Associate Editor)
2- Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
3- WebmedCentral, UK, Biomedical Engineering Advisory Board Member
4- International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering
5- International Journal of Engineering and Technology
6- International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Telecommunication Systems
** Guest Editor of International Journals …
1- Edited a Special issue on “Signal Processing Applications in Human Computer Interaction” for the "Telecommunication Systems Journal" published by Springer Verlag, Germany, On Line First, Sep 2011. (DOI 10.1007/s11235-011-9627-9).
2- Edited a Special Issue on “Statistical & Soft Computing Techniques for System Analysis and Design” Vol. 37, No. 1, Feb 2010, International Journal of Computer Science Published by International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Hong Kong.
3- Edited a Special Issue on “Information and Communication Technology”, Vol.22, No.1, 2013, International Journal of Tomography & Simulation [Formerly known as the “International Journal of Tomography & Statistics”].
** Books Published …
1- (On Going)Ibrahiem M.M.El Emary and Ramakrishnan S. “Wireless Sensor Networks: From Theory to Applications (ISBN 9781466518100)” ,CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA
2- Ramakrishnan S. and Ibrahiem M.M.El Emary. “Computational Techniques and Algorithms for Image Processing (ISBN: 978-3-8433-5802-6) & (ISBN: 3843358028)”, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, Oct 2010.
3- Ramakrishnan S, “Speech Enhancement, Modeling and Recognition- Algorithms and Applications (ISBN 978-953-51-0291-5) (DOI: 10.5772/2391)”,InTech Publisher, Croatia, March 2012.
4- Ramakrishnan S, “Modern Speech Recognition Approaches With Case Studies,( ISBN 978-953-51-0831-3)”, InTech Publisher, Croatia, Nov 2012
** Awards and Recognitions…
1- Mention in the Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2012(29th Edition).
2- Received Certificate of Appreciation from EMC Corporation, Bangalore for outstanding contribution to EMC Academic Alliance Program.
3- Won the Outstanding Reviewer Award for the International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering (IJCTE) from International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology(IACSIT), Singapore.
4- Won the Best Paper Award during 3rd National Level Workshop on Intelligent Data Analytics and Image Processing (IDAIP 2010), pp.1-6, 8-9 January 2010, Bannariamman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.
5- Won First Prize in National Science Day on the Track “Integral Transforms” held at SACS M.A.V.M.M. Engineering College, Madurai during 28-29 Feb 2000.
6- Received Certificate of Appreciation for scoring centum in one of the papers named “Numerical Methods” during the B.E Fifth Semester University Examinations.
1. Since June 1, 2010 Professor and Head in Department of Information Technology, Dr.Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi, Affiliated to Anna University, Coimbatore.
2. From April 29,2008 - May 31, 2010, Associate Professor and Head in Department of Information Technology, Dr.Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi, Affiliated to Anna University, Coimbatore.
3. From June 10, 2005-April 28,2008, Senior Lecturer in Department of Information Technology, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
4. From June 11, 2001- June 9, 2005, Lecturer in Department of Information Technology, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
5. From Oct 30, 2000- June 08, 2001, Lecturer in Department of ECE, Priyadarshini Engineering College, Vaniyambadi, Affiliated to University of Madras
6. From Aug 13 1999- Oct 29,2000, Teaching Assistance as a GATE Scholar in Department of ECE, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, Affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University
7. From June 06, 1998- May 06, 1999, Engineer in R&D Department, Venus Electronics, Thiruthuraipundi
1. Image Classification, Watermarking and Compressing
2. Speech Emotion Recognition
3. EEG Signal Classification and Brain Tissue Classification
4. Wavelet Transformation
5. Artificial Neural Networks
6. Network Security and Cognitive Radio
What I think of the idea behind WebmedCentral:
Network among faculty memnbers