Terms and Conditions
The domains www.webmedcentral.com, www.webmedcentral.co.uk and www.webmedcentralplus.com are owned by Webmed Limited registered at 35 Rosemount, DH1 5GA, Durham, United Kingdom. The pronouns "you" and "your" are used to refer to the end user, while "we," "us", "our" “company”, www.webmedcentral.com www.webmedcentral.co.uk , www.webmedcentralplus.com (also known as plus) and “WebmedCentral” are used to refer to Webmed limited.
In use of WebmedCentral you agree to following terms and conditions:
2. We have a dual publication model. www.webmedCentralplus.com uses the traditional pre-publication peer review model.
3.The contents posted on www.webmedcentral.com and www.webmedcentral.co.uk portal do not undergo any prepublication checks or peer review and hence it is completely the responsibility of the person posting the information to ensure not only scientific and ethical standards but also check it for grammatical and typing errors.
4. All our Authors (on any website) must ensure that they obtain all the necessary permissions before submitting any information that requires obtaining a consent or approval from a third party. Authors should also ensure not to submit any information on this portal which they do not have the copyright of or of which they have transferred the copyrights to a third party. Authors should try to present any information in a completely unbiased way and must disclose any source of funding and competing interests. They must not submit anything to us that is illegal or can hurt sentiments of people belonging to a particular continent, nationality, race, religion, group, sex or affiliation. Any communication that you post on our websites is considered to be non-confidential. You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications that infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party.
You undertake that you will not use any of our websites for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws. You agree not to post material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others. You will not post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, false claiming, non patriotic, or embarrassing to another user of the website or any other person or entity as determined by WebmedCentral at its sole discretion. You will not post advertisements or solicitations of business. You will not post chain letters or pyramid schemes or will not impersonate another person. You will not allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments. You will not post the same note more than once. You will not engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using any of our websites, or which, in the judgment of Webmed Limited, UK, exposes any of its users or its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
5. We are fully aware that some people may try to misuse the “freedom of expression” and “complete transparency” that we intend to instill in scientific biomedical communications. We urge our readers to bring to our attention any such misuse of our portal. Please let us know if you come across any information on this website that is improper, scientifically wrong or factually incorrect. We also request our readers to point out any discrepancies in the articles posted on WebmedCentral.
We reserve the right to ask authors or reviewers or commentators to explain, modify, or delete any section or the whole of an article or comment published on WebmedCentral. We may disallow the publication of an article or a review/comment, ask authors to submit a revision, or completely remove the objectionable material in part or whole without giving any further explanation. The decision of Webmed Limited shall be final in this regard and no further dispute shall be entertained.
6. We do not ask authors to transfer the copyrights of the information to us and they are hence free to submit the article elsewhere if they so choose after publishing it on our portal. It is the authors’ responsibility to ensure that they have the copyrights of the article or information they are submitting on any of our websites. Please read our detailed document on copyrights for our copyright policy.
7. Advertisements and Third party links: We will carry advertisement features and links to third party websites from time to time on this website, in the pdf generated in our website and in any print format. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and when advertisements are clearly so identified. It is not meant to be an endorsement by Webmed Limited, UK of the content on such third-party websites. Unless otherwise specifically stated, Webmed Limited, UK does not endorse any product or make any representation regarding the content or accuracy of any materials contained in, or linked to, any advertisement on its websites. Webmed Limited, UK does not own responsibility for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. Users click on these third-party websites or advertisement features at their own risk. Subsequent use of these third party websites and advertisement features would be directed by their own policies and terms and conditions. Webmed Limited, UK or any of its users, or its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers does not take any responsibility for any harm that may result from the use of contents on these third party websites.
8. Jurisdiction: The domains www.webmedcentral.com, www.webmedcentral.co.uk and www.webmedcentralplus.com(also known as plus) and all the contents on this portal are owned by Webmed Limited, registered at 2 Matlock Avenue, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE3 3GL, United Kingdom. The contents can however be accessed from or downloaded anywhere in the world and at the same time authors from around the world are encouraged to post their articles and communications on our portal. The laws of England and Wales govern your conditions of use and you agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.
9. WebmedCentral portals www.webmedcentral.com and www.webmedcentral.co.uk provides exceptional freedom of expression to biomedical scientists and contents do not undergo any editorial or peer review prior to publication. People posting the contents are solely responsible for their communications and the consequences of posting those communications. Webmed Limited does not assume any responsibility for the consequences of any communications on or arising from use of its websites. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact us so that we can remove such contents from the portal and at the same time please warn your local law enforcement agency immediately.
10. Our portals www.webmedcentral.com and www.webmedcentral.co.uk do not screen communications in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by author, or reviewers or any other person or entity. If notified by a user of a communication (article or review or comment) which does not conform to the terms and conditions of the use of this portal, we will investigate the allegation and determine, in our sole discretion, whether to remove or request the removal of such communication. Webmed Limited reserves the right to remove communications, which are abusive, illegal, disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions. In addition to the removal rights described above, we reserve the right to terminate a user's access to any or all areas on the website upon user's breach of these Terms and Conditions. Webmed Limited reserves the right (but is not obligated) to edit or delete any communication(s) posted on website regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards for content.
Furthermore Webmed Limited reserves the right (but is not obligated) to monitor, edit, or disclose any type of posting on the Interactive Areas for adherence to the Terms and Conditions, if required in the course of normal operation and maintenance of www.webmedcentral.com www.webmedcentral.co.uk and www.webmedcentralplus.com, or if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with the law or comply with legal process served; (ii) protect and defend the rights of www.webmedcentral.com or others; or (iii) act in an emergency to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Webmed Limited has no liability or responsibility to members or any other person or entity for performance or non performance of the aforementioned screening activities.
Webmed Limited does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of the material posted on the web site or endorse any opinions expressed by such users. Any reliance on content posted on the website is entirely at the risk of the user.
11. Indemnity: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Webmed Limited, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use of the content or the interactive areas in a manner that violates or is alleged to violate these Terms and Conditions. Webmed Limited shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall reasonably cooperate with you, at your expense, in your defence of any such claim, suit or proceeding.
12. Webmed Limited may impose reasonable rules and regulations regarding the use of its services from time to time to the extent necessary to ensure compliance.
Minors should be supervised when using the Internet. Adults as well as minors should be aware of what is on the Internet and to have the concept of what is accepted and what should be avoided. The following are unacceptable uses of the contents on our websites .
• Abuse of system and network resources: including but not limited to employing posts or programs which consume excessive CPU time or storage space; permitting use of mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, or auto responders other than your own account; or resale of access to CGI scripts installed on our servers.
• Improper Conduct: Including but not limited to posting defamatory, scandalous or private information about an individual without his or her consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or violating trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights.
• Illegality: In any form, including but not limited to activities such as unauthorized distribution or copying of copyrighted software, violation of export restrictions, harassment, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, and other illegal activities.
• Abuse of the Internet: Including but not limited to activities such as using a non-existent email return address on a commercial solicitation, spamming (sending unsolicited advertising to numerous email addresses or newsgroups and/or generating a significantly higher volume of outgoing email than a normal user), trolling (posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses), mail bombing (sending multiple messages without significant new content to the same user), subscribing someone else to a mailing list without that person's permission, cross-posting articles to an excessive number of newsgroups, or attempting without authorization to enter into a secured computer system. Webmed limited reserves the right to determine what constitutes net abuse.
13. Complete Agreement: Except as expressly provided in a particular "legal notice" on Webmed Limited, these terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Webmed limited, with respect to the use of any of our websites, print publications, and any software and content contained therein. By visiting any of our websites, or by using one of its services, you are accepting the practices described in this statement. We may amend this statement at any time. We will post those changes on this page. Any questions regarding this statement should be directed to Webmed limited. You can use our contact us option on the websites for further clarification.
Thank you for your cooperation with these Terms and Conditions. We hope you find our websites helpful and convenient to use.